PORTLAND, Ore. — Kyle FIlipowski and Ryan Young both turned in career-high performances on Thursday afternoon, as the eighth-ranked Blue Devils defeated Oregon State in their first game of the Phil Knight Legacy, 54-51. Filipowski scored a career-high 19 points en route to tallying his fourth double-double of the season, while Young grabbed a career-high 15 boards alongside 11 points.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Jeremy Roach started the day for Duke after a contested jumper rolled in to give the Blue Devils their first points of the afternoon.
- Dariq Whitehead connected on his second three-pointer of the half at the 12:24 mark, giving Duke its first lead of the day, 13-11.
- The Blue Devils took a 29-27 lead into halftime, with Whitehead and Kyle Filipowski leading the way with six points each.
- Filipowski logged his fourth double-double of the season off an acrobatic old-fashioned three-point play, drawing Duke within 43-40 with just under 10 minutes to play.
- Ryan Young joined the double-double club after two free throws with 8:59 on the clock.
- Duke reclaimed the lead after Filipowski connected on a long three-pointer and Roach hit a jumper to put the Blue Devils ahead, 47-45.
- The Westtown, N.Y., native pushed Duke’s lead to three, 52-49, converting on a putback layup with just over 30 seconds remaining.
Stay tuned for a full recap.