Blue-green algae bloom alert issued by health officials in Lee County
FORT MYERS, Fla. — A Health Alert has been issued by the Florida Department of Health in Lee County due to the presence of harmful blue-green algal toxins in Franklin Lock C43 Canal-S79 heading upstream.
This alert is in response to a water sample taken on June 1.
Residents and visitors are advised to take the following precautions:
- Do not drink, swim, wade, use personal watercraft, water ski or boat in waters where there is a visible bloom.
- Wash your skin and clothing with soap and water if you have contact with algae or discolored or smelly water.
- Keep pets away from the area. Waters where there are algae blooms are not safe for animals. Pets and livestock should have a different source of water when algae blooms are present.
- Do not cook or clean dishes with water contaminated by algae blooms. Boiling the water will not eliminate the toxins.
- Eating fillets from healthy fish caught in freshwater lakes experiencing blooms is safe. Rinse fish fillets with tap or bottled water, throw out the guts and cook fish well.
- Do not eat shellfish in waters with algae blooms.
Cambia Health Solutions names Tonya Adams chief health services officer
PORTLAND, Ore., Feb. 2, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Cambia Health Solutions is pleased to announce that Tonya Adams has been appointed as...
Meet Your Optometry Staff At VA Boston Health Care | VA Boston Health Care
Get to know your Optometry Team. Here you will find pictures and bio's for the Optometry Staff. Dr. Doug Rett...
Mon Health Medical Center Family Birth Center Receives Hepatitis B Prevention Program Award | Newsroom
Posted Date: 1/31/2023 Members of the West Virginia Department of Health & Human Resources present Mon Health Medical Center Family...
Temple Health’s prevention program keeps prediabetes from becoming Type 2 diabetes
PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- Philadelphia has the highest diabetes rate of America's 10 biggest cities, with a rate that's doubled since...
New Study Links Cluster Headaches to Increased Risk of Additional Health Conditions
Cluster headaches are a type of headache that is characterized by intense, severe pain on one side of the head,...
Yuga Labs Founder Taking Leave of Absence for Health Reasons
Moments ago, Wylie Aronow, one of the co-founders of Yuga Labs, announced that he would be taking a leave of...