Wimbledon may have Duchesses Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton, but we have Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra, Alicia Keys, Andy Cohen, Anna Wintour and a bevy of supermodels (ahem, the Hadid sisters and Karlie Kloss). At least that’s a few of the A-listers who have cheered on their favorite tennis pros from the Billie Jean King stands in the past. We shall see who makes an appearance this season—with our Honey Deuce cocktail in hand.
This year, the Honey Deuce is celebrating its 15th anniversary as the official cocktail of the tournament, counting more than 1 million cocktails sold and thousands of grand slams, surprise wins and all-star players that have been commemorated with a toast of the pink cocktail. Keep reading for how to make the Honey Deuce below.
When Is the US Open?
The United States Open Tennis Championships will be held from Monday, August 29, 2022 to Sunday, September 11, 2022 this year.
Related: 13 Famous Tennis Couples, Past and Present
What Is In a Honey Deuce?
Like a Mint Julep at the Kentucky Derby, the Grey Goose Honey Deuce is synonymous with the US Open. Named after an equal 40/40 score, the cocktail is comprised of Grey Goose, lemonade, raspberry liqueur and topped with the cutest tennis-inspired honeydew melon balls. It’s a refreshing libation to beat the heat, while taking in the match AKA fangirling over Serena Williams and her farewell tour.
Related: 125 Olympics Trivia Questions and Answers
This year Grey Goose will also be debuting the Honey Deuce Cocktail Kit ($40) on August 16th, which makes four Honey Deuce cocktails and includes:
- 200ml Grey Goose
- 250ml Chambord
- All-natural Lemonade
- Honeydew melon + scooper
- Bamboo skewers
- 4 commemorative US Open cups
- Recipe card
How to Make a Grey Goose Honey Deuce
- Chill a Collins glass by placing in the refrigerator or freezer.
- When sufficiently chilled, fill with ice.
- Measure and add vodka to Collins glass.
- Top with measured amount of fresh lemonade.
- Measure and add raspberry liqueur.
- Garnish with a skewer of 1 or multiple frozen honeydew melon balls.
If you’ll be watching the US Open from your living room this year, celebrate with Honey Deuces at home! The official Honey Deuce cocktail kit (which will be sold via Cocktail Courier) has everything you need to recreate the iconic cocktail at home—including collectable anniversary cups.
Best US Open Hotel Packages
Where to stay and play before or after the Open—and maybe sip another Honey Deuce on property.
The Peninsula New York US Open VIP Package:
The Peninsula New York is beloved by many tennis players, from Emma Raducanu to Naomi Osaka—who both visited the property last year. Here’s what’s included with their US Open package:
- A stay in The Peninsula Suite from Aug 25 – Sept 11
- Welcome cocktails with US Open tennis player
- Autographed winning outfit from former US Open champion
- Autographed tennis memorabilia (like signed tennis balls and practice outfits)
- 2 courtside seat tickets to Arthur Ashe Stadium Full Series (Aug 29 – Sept 11)
- Private car transfer to and from US Open matches
- Daily breakfast for two guests
For bookings, guests can contact the Reservations Team at +1 (800) 262 9467 or via email at ReservationPNY@peninsula.com.
Stay + Play Package at Graduate Roosevelt Island:
With close proximity to all the action at Arthur Ashe Stadium, Graduate Roosevelt Island offers tennis lovers a Stay + Play package, plus additional perks like a $22 MetroCard, complimentary breakfast for two at Anything At All and a special $25 rate at the Roosevelt Island Racquet Club.
For bookings, use the code OPEN22 at graduatehotels.com.