AUBURN, Ala. — Reinforcing its commitment to empowering student-athletes, Auburn Athletics has announced a partnership with NIL advisory and education firm, Altius Sports Partners (Altius) to expand and develop its NIL program. Altius’ best-in-class launch platform provides innovative and strategic guidance and educational support to enhance policy and initiatives benefitting all Tigers stakeholders.
“With Name, Image and Likeness now a pivotal component of the student-athlete experience, Auburn’s partnership with Altius Sports will maximize opportunities for student-athletes,” Director of Athletics Allen Greene said. “We are thrilled to team with industry leader Altius to keep Auburn at the forefront of this dynamic landscape.”
The tailored partnership is designed to position Auburn as a leading voice in the fast-changing environment. The Altius team will provide Tigers coaches and staff with educational workshops and resources targeting areas such as group licensing, external stakeholders, and recruiting. Altius will also assist in identifying and advising on strategies to support the program’s diverse student-athletes across all varsity sports.
Auburn Athletics supports 21 varsity sports and has over 500 student athletes. Auburn has won 22 National Championships and 88 conference titles during its storied history.
An official partner of leading collegiate athletics departments and sports properties, Altius specializes in developing and managing programs around NIL. Through its expertise, services and intellectual resources, the firm’s comprehensive approach fuels strategic vision, planning and collaboration to ensure that all participants can navigate change and succeed in the exciting new collegiate landscape.
“We are honored to partner with Auburn and support such a storied SEC program in navigating the continued evolution of collegiate athletics,” said Altius Sports Vice President, Collegiate Partnerships Andrew Donovan. “Through proactive and thoughtful leadership aimed at addressing the many impacts of NIL, a solid foundation has been established on The Plains, one that we look forward to collaboratively enhancing to position all Auburn stakeholders for broad-based, sustainable success.”
Backed by operational leadership and a best-in-class client services team, the cross-disciplinary network of partners and advisory team members at Altius includes:
• Oliver Luck (Chairman, Altius Sports), sports business leader and former Commissioner of the XFL, EVP for Regulatory Affairs and Strategic Partnerships for the NCAA, and Athletic Director at West Virginia.
• John Entz, 14-time Emmy winner and former President of Production at Fox Sports, SVP at MLB Network and producer at ESPN.
• Gabe Feldman, Director of the Tulane Sports Law Program, Associate Provost for NCAA Compliance and Co-Director of Tulane Center for Sport.
• Renie Anderson, CRO and EVP, Partnerships at the NFL.
• David Carter, Executive Director of the USC Sports Business Institute, and a professor of sports business at USC’s Marshall School of Business.
• Jené Elzie, former Pac-12 athlete and current Chief Growth Officer for Athletes First Partners, sister company of Athletes First, the nation’s largest NFL talent agency.
• Michael O’Hara Lynch, former global head of sponsorship marketing at Visa, Inc. and global head of consulting at Nielson Sports, currently partner in 3 Emerald Marketing.
• Jessica Mendoza, former Pac-12 athlete and Olympic gold medalist is a broadcaster for ESPN.
• Kenneth Shropshire, CEO of the Global Sport Institute, and professor at Arizona State.
• Malcolm Turner, sports business executive and former Vice Chancellor and Athletics Director at Vanderbilt and President of the NBA G League.
About Altius Sports Partners
Altius is a leading firm that delivers consulting, strategic planning, compliance support and education to its clients. An official partner of leading collegiate athletic departments and sports properties, Altius provides strategic solutions on topics ranging from NIL to the shifting landscape of employment and media rights within college athletics. The firm currently represents athletics departments at Arizona, Auburn, Clemson, Duke, Georgia, Georgetown, Indiana, LSU, Marquette, Miami, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Northwestern, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oregon State, Penn State, Purdue, South Carolina, USC, Tennessee, Texas, Villanova, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin. The firm has also partnered with Women Leaders in College Sports. Providing all stakeholders – athletics departments, coaches, and college athletes – with resources they need to thrive in the new age of college athletics, Altius leverages its deep reservoir of sports business sophistication to help those impacted to prepare and excel. We have built a team of cross-disciplinary leaders to reach higher levels of education, higher access to opportunities and higher standards of excellence.